Before the program
Discuss any math concepts relevant to your class:
- Brainstorm ways people use numbers in daily life.
- Give examples of number patterns and explain ways to use them.
- A quarter (or dime, etc.) is what fractional part of a dollar? If you and three friends share a pizza, what fractional part should you each get?
- How are words, as well as numbers, important in math? (specialized vocabulary, choosing the operation, etc.)
- Provide some examples of rock music performers.What instruments do they play?
After the program
Review any math concepts relevant to your class:
- How did the rhythm or lyrics of the songs help you remember the math concepts?
- Did you participate during the verse or chorus sections of the songs?
- What are some elements of rock music? (instrumentation, rhythms, vocal forms)